This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part 1 (Kiyan Sobhani, Jonathan Johnson)
- Zinedine Zidane’s effect on signing Ferland Mendy
- Mendy being a late-bloomer
- How he does in big games
- The latest with Tanguy Ndombele
- Nasser Al Khelaifi, controversial quotes
- Paul Pogba update
- And more.
Part 2 (Kiyan Sobhani, Matt Wiltse, on Real Madrid vs Manchester United in 2003)
- How dominant Real Madrid were against Manchester United in the first leg
- The context of the tie, and the near-elimination against Dortmund prior
- How tactics and intensity have changed since then
- How old Fernando Hierro performed
- Luis Figo’s goal
- Raul’s instinct. Breaking down both of his goals
- The non-calls on Zidane, Ronaldo, and Guti
- Ronaldo’s performance
- The presence of Roberto Carlos
- Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo
- Zidane’s smoothness -- is there any footballer as aesthetically-pleasing since him?
- Michel Salgado’s performance
- The famous Luis Figo death stare
- And more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Matt Wiltse (@MattWitltse4)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Jonathan Johnson (@Jon_LeGossip)