Right before Marcos Llorente signed for Atletico Madrid, I joined Jeremy Beren of Into The Calderon on their native podcast, Colchonero Chat. We discussed:
- Real Madrid’s signings so far, and how each new player fits into the team
- Why Marcos Llorente fits at Atletico Madrid seamlessly, why this signing made sense for them, and why he’s a better fit for Atleti than Rodrigo Hernandez.
- The sample size of Dani Ceballos and Llorente, compared to that of Rodri’s.
- Why Rodri going to Manchester City makes so much more sense for his career
- Why Llorente wanting to play for Atletico is justifiable
- Mario Hermoso at Atleti
- And more.
Discussion starts at 40:05:
If you’re a Managing Madrid Patron (and if not, you should be, by joining here), you’ll get a bonus podcast tonight as Om Arvind and I will talk about the Llorente deal more thoroughly.
In case you missed it, yesterday’s discussion on Churros y Tácticas, where we discussed both of Real Madrid and Barcelona’s transfers this summer, was a ton of fun: