Bale’s agent says he does not want a loan move this summer
Gareth Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett, who we’ve heard from many times throughtout this saga of rumors regarding Bale’s future, has weighed in yet again about his client’s future in Madrid. Barnett spoke in an interview with Sky Sports.
“A loan move is not going to happen.” “I don’t think he wants to go out on loan.”
“He’s got a lovely life and home in Spain. I think it would take something exceptional for him to leave and loans are not on the menu.”
“Obviously, Gareth’s situation at Real hasn’t improved.”
A loan move is only a short-term solution to a clear problem between the club and Bale. Bale reportedly wants to stay in Madrid and honor the rest of his contract while most rumors have him departing this summer in some fashion.
It seems like there is no immediate solution in sight. Barnett was asked about the Manchester United, to which he said a move to Old Trafford is “very unlikely”.
It very well could be that Bale is with the club once the new season rolls around, surviving the sure cut Real will continue making to balance their summer transfers.
Real Madrid reportedly made offer to Benfica for Joao Felix
According to MARCA, Real Madrid reportedly made a €130 million offer to Benfica for young phenom Joao Felix. He is seemingly going to Atlético after they trigger his €120 million release clause, which has still not been made official.
There is going to be a lot of pressure on the 19-year-old with that price tag if the move to the Wanda does happen. I think Real will be perfectly fine with the price they paid for the talents and great potential of Luka Jovic.
With MARCA being a bit of a questionable source, it’s obviously unconfirmed if Florentino Perez actually made a formal offer for Joao Felix. The Real offer was rumored to be at least €50 million in add-ons.
What’s next for Real Madrid this summer?
It’s been two whole days since Real Madrid announced one of their new transfers this summer which means it’s time to talk about what’s next for the club. The summer transfer window in Spain doesn’t even open until July 1, but so much has happened already for Real Madrid.
They’ve spent around €340 million and perhaps aren’t even done yet. And they made their first official sale of the summer on Thursday when they controversially sold Marcos Llorente to rival Atlético Madrid.
It’s likely that Real will continue with sales. There’s rumors surrounding Ceballos, Bale and even Nacho now. James could be the next domino to fall, it seems a move to Napoli is most likely right now which could be either a loan or permanent.
It’s unclear what will happen with Bale. As mentioned earlier, he seems keen on staying with the club for the coming season. He probably won’t be loaned, in actuality he may end up staying despite all the rumors.
So, we know Real will make some more sales to balance the books a bit, but are they truly done spending?
Eriksen is a consistent rumor to make a move from Tottenham, but it still seems more likely that he will stay in North London. If Real go for another forward, it almost seems like a lock that Kylian Mbappe will join at some point, perhaps as early as next summer.
Lyon’s Tanguy Ndombele has also been repeatedly rumored. It seems most likely that Real would make a move for a midfielder if there is a transfer left this summer to be had.
Whatever happens next, Real probably aren’t done selling or even spending. It’s been a highly successful transfer window so far, even before the period has even officially opened. The club are setting themselves up nicely for next season and the future and Perez has truly delivered.