On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani and Matt Wiltse discuss:
- Our excitement for pre-season
- Transfers in and out of central midfield, and the depth chart next season
- What happens to Isco
- Best Martin Odegaard destination
- Would we see more galacticos if the market wasn’t inflated?
- Milinkovic-Savic’s regression, and a discussion on small sample sizes when investing on players
- Is Kylian Mbappe attainable right now?
- How safe is Zinedine Zidane if things go south next season?
- How can we be more consistent in La Liga?
- How important will Sergio Ramos be next season?
- Robinho out the door after the game
- Valencia, on paper, were ridiculous
- Guti with a stinker
- The center back situation
- Gabriel Heinze locking down David Villa
- Miguel Torres, allergic to attacking
- Royston Drenthe’s career nose-diving
- Arjen Robben masterclass, and the what-ifs had he stayed for the Cristiano Ronaldo era
- A tribute to Ruben de la Red
- The nightmare of the Lassana Diarra - Gago double pivot
- Sergio Ramos as a right-back
- Gonzalo Higuain’s breakout year
- And more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)