The draw for the 2019-2020 UEFA Champions League Group Stage takes place today at 18:00 CEST. Real Madrid will be in the second pot for the first time in three years and that means that Los Blancos might face a tough opponent in this round.
HOW TO WATCH, STREAM CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW
Time: 18:00 CET, 12:00pm EST, 09:00am Pacific.
Venue: Grimaldi Forum, Montecarlo, Monaco.
FREE streaming: UEFA.com.
Pot 1: Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester City, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Zenit.
Pot 2: Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar Donetsk, Tottenham Hotspur, Ajax, Benfica.
Pot 3: Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen, Salzburg, Olympiacos, Club Brugge, Valencia, Inter Milan, Dinamo Zagreb.
Pot 4: Lokomotiv Moskva, Genk, Galatasaray, RB Leipzig, Slavia Praha, Crvena zvezda, Atalanta, LOSC Lille.
Basic information (via UEFA.com)
- The 26 teams given direct entry to the group stage under the competition system introduced in 2018/19 are joined by the six winners of the play-off ties.
- No team can play a club from their own association and, based on decisions taken by the UEFA Executive Committee, clubs from Russia and Ukraine must not be drawn in the same group.
- In the case of associations with two or more representatives, clubs will be paired in order to split their matches between Tuesday and Wednesday.
- If a paired club is drawn, for example, in Groups A, B, C or D, the other paired club – once drawn – will automatically be assigned to one of Groups E, F, G or H.
- The draw also establishes the groups for the UEFA Champions League path of the UEFA Youth League.