This Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
- The atmosphere in Paris for the Champions League final
- The context of that game
- Claudio Lopez: Barca killer
- A bonkers lineup and formation from Del Bosque
- Tactical wrinkles of that chaotic system
- Roberto Carlos was an absolute freak that Valencia had no answer for
- Raul and Macca as central midfielders
- Macca’s performance
- The first goal of the game, and Roberto Carlos’s long-range free kick
- The TEKA shirt -- controversial, apparently
- Symbolic cameos from Manolo Sanchis and Fernando Hierro
- Baby Casillas
- Nicolas Anelka’s weird legacy
- Ivan Helguera’s massive performance, and how underrated he was in his peak
- Ivan Campo
- Fernando Redondo masterclass
- And more
Part two, mailbag (Kiyan Sobhani, Lucas Navarette)
- Injury updates
- Revisiting Ramos’s mistake against Villarreal
- Potential lineup against Levante
- Can we relax? Or do we have good reason to be worried?
- Why do we loan players to teams that don’t play them?
- Keylor Navas’s legacy
- If the midfield trio done?
- The unfair criticism Varane gets
- The art of giving out the right contracts without overpaying older players
- And more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Eduardo Alvarez (@Alvarez)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Lucas Navarrete (@LucasNavarreteM)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)