On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Matt Wiltse and Lucas Navarrete discuss:
- Thibaut Courtois best performance in a Real Madrid shirt
- Why did Zidane go with the Luka Modric - Casemiro - Kroos midfield against a physical side like Getafe?
- Luka Modric’s decline
- Bale vs Nyom ; Carvajal vs Cucurella
- Gareth Bale: consistently inconsistent
- Isco’s inability to match Getafe’s physicality and find a way into the match
- Credit to Varane and Militao
- Militao: still so young but consistently playing well despite being thrown in and out of the lineup
- Ferland Mendy performance and profile vs Marcelo
- Goals from set pieces; can Madrid continue to improve in this area?
- Jovic’s minutes, could Zidane try playing Benzema on the left wing for final 20 minutes?
- How to approach the Super Copa
- Where would you loan out Brahim?
- One last Courtois shoutout
- And more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Lucas Navarrete (@LucasNavarreteM)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)