On this Patron-only episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani discusses:
- Real Madrid’s unlikely path to the final of a tournament that didn’t exist a year ago
- Zidane’s starting line-up
- The tactical benefits of 5 midfielders
- The width that Mendy and Carvajal provided
- The cover from Casemiro and Fede
- Zidane playing in similar schemes as a player
- Isco’s role
- Why Isco in midfield sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t
- Fede Valverde’s performance
- Valencia’s underwhelming performance
- The counter-press
- The atmosphere of the game
- And more
Thanks for being a Patron. We hope you enjoy the show!
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)