This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part One (Immediate Reaction pod with Kiyan Sobhani and Eduardo Alvarez)
- Why we’re not surprised with this result
- Why the Clasico is not the ultimate measuring stick
- The difference between Ronald Koeman and Zinedine Zidane
- Lucas Vazquez’s performance
- Nacho Fernandez’s performance
- Marco Asensio’s performance
- Vinicius Jr’s performance
- Toni Kroos’s performance
- Real Madrid’s defensive shape
- Luka Modric’s goal
- Lionel Messi’s performance
- And more.
Part Two — 45:19 — (Tactical breakdown with Om Arvind and Siddharth Ramsundar)
- Thoughts on the starting lineups
- Real Madrid’s offensive structure
- Inefficiencies in taking advantage of Valverde and Vinícius as runners
- Ferland Mendy as an inverted fullback
- Barcelona’s defensive structure
- How Koeman changed Barca’s offense for El Clásico
- Messi’s evolving role over the course of the season
- Pedri’s performance
- Was the Asensio criticism to start the first half fair?
- Explaining why Barca started the 2nd half better
- Evaluating Real Madrid’s sporadic pressing
- Why Barcelona miss Suárez
- Koeman’s awful substitutions
- Frenkie de Jong not tracking Modrić
- Casemiro vs. Kroos
- Lucas’ bright cameo
- Patron questions
- And much more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Eduardo Alvarez (@Alvarez)
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Siddharth Ramsundar (@TacticalFouling)