This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part One (Borussia Mönchengladbach Post-game with Kiyan Sobhani and Om Arvind)
- Real Madrid’s qualification chances
- Zinedine Zidane’s starting XI
- The quality vs the quantity of chances for both side
- Breaking down the goals conceded
- Real Madrid’s defense as a whole
- Vinicius Jr’s performance
- Marco Asensio’s performance
- Lucas Vazquez’s performance
- Fede Valverde’s performance
- Karim Benzema’s performance
- Zidane’s subs
- Is Vinicius a Real Madrid starter?
- His take-on numbers
- Mesut Ozil’s contract situation
- And more.
Part Two (Las Blancas with Om Arvind and Grant Little)
- Quick overview of Sweden’s 7-0 demolition of Latvia
- Marta Corredera’s good performance at right back and left back vs. the Czech Republic
- Marta Cardona being a little less impressive but still good
- How the Iceland-Sweden game dynamics changed from last time (or didn’t)
- Iceland’s good defensive structure
- Iceland’s critical weakness
- Kosovare Asllani’s performance
- The interesting tactical direction of “weaker” teams
- Sofia Jakobsson’s performance
- Why wont Sweden coach Peter Gerhardsson sub Asllani and Jakobsson off?
- And more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Om Arvind (@OmVASports)
Grant Little (@grantlittle09)
Las Blancas (@Las_Blancas)