This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part One (Valencia post-game with Kiyan Sobhani and Matt Wiltse)
- Real Madrid’s first 20-30 minutes of play
- Their offensive gameplan
- Starting XI
- Marcelo’s performance
- A thorough breakdown of all goals conceded
- Marco Asensio’s performance
- The upcoming schedule
- Karim Benzema injury update
- Zinedine Zidane’s subs
- Mariano Diaz and Luka Jovic off the bench
- Martin Odegaard and Rodrygo Goes’s performances
- Odegaard’s ceiling
- Thibaut Courtois’s performance
- Isco’s place in the team
- And more.
Part Two (Las Blancas with Grant Little and Om Arvind)
- How good Eibar have been despite being newly promoted
- Real Madrid’s inability to control the game
- Troubles against high pressure
- The one-dimensionality of our attack
- How we created a few dangerous sequences to end the half
- The effectiveness of David Aznar’s odd substitution
- Kosovare Asllani’s goal record
- Olga Carmona’s unorthodox movements
- Whether Teresa Abelleira should’ve started or at least been subbed on
- The unfortunate nature of the penalties
- How Eibar got back into the game through their substitutions
- The underutilization of Marta Corredera as an inverted fullback
- The extremely physical nature of women’s football
- And much more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Om Arvind (@OmVASports)
Grant Little (@grantlittle09)
Las Blancas (@Las_Blancas)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)