On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani, Matt Wiltse, and Om Arvind discuss:
- Zinedine Zidane’s starting XI vs Elche
- Elche’s tactical setup
- What changed at half-time?
- Why Elche were so impressive
- Real Madrid’s offensive game plan
- Karim Benzema’s performance
- Marco Asensio’s performance
- Zidane’s mistakes
- Luka Modric’s performance
- Zidane’s justifications for second half late subs
- Why didn’t we see Martin Odegaard?
- Why Odegaard should be a starter
- Referee decisions
- Real Madrid players in history who we rooted for but didn’t pan out
- Revisiting the career arcs of Jese Rodriguez, Fernando Gago, Kaka, and Arjen Robben
- And more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Om Arvind (@OmVASports)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)