This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part One (Sevilla post-game show with Kiyan Sobhani, Matt Wiltse, Om Arvind)
- Real Madrid’s starting XI
- The good and bad of the first half
- Sevilla’s issues
- Was Real’s xG inflated?
- How difficult was the Vinicius chance?
- A breakdown of the goal
- Vinicius’s performance
- The team’s passing
- The difference in the team’s press from the first to the second half
- Real Madrid’s defensive performance
- Nacho Fernandez’s performance
- Lucas Vazquez’s performance
- Raphael Varane’s performance
- Ferland Mendy’s performance
- Is Julen Lopetegui’s assessment of Sevilla’s performance correct?
- Thoughts on Zinedine Zidane only using one sub.
- And more.
Part Two — 1:04:02 — (Las Blancas Post-game with Grant Little and Om Arvind)
- Asllani’s uncharacteristically bad finishing on the day
- Sevilla’s terrible defensive shape
- Olga Carmona’s impressive performance at left back
- How Real Madrid’s possession game improved
- Claudia Florentino’s dribbling from the center back position
- Breaking down all the goals
- The importance of switches
- Marta Cardona’s genius
- The weird substitutions
- Misa’s good distribution and quickness off her line
- Complimenting Kaci
- And more
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Om Arvind (@OmVASports)
Grant Little (@grantlittle09)
Las Blancas (@Las_Blancas)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)