Vinicius talks about tough decision between Real Madrid or Barcelona
Vinicius spoke about his transfer to Real Madrid in a FourFourTwo (via AS) interview that will be released sometime next month.
“It was right after I came back from the 2017 South American U-17 Championship in Chile. There were already rumors in the press, but I never believed them.”
“Eventually it happened. Both Real Madrid and Barcelona put offers on the table and I had only three days to make my decision. I always wanted to play for the greatest club, so that’s why I chose Real Madrid.”
“My parents visited both clubs and liked them [Real Madrid] more. It matched with what I already wanted, and I felt their project was better for me.”
“They give a lot of minutes to the younger players, like me, and were going through an outstanding period of success in the Champions League back then.”
The interview also talks a bit about the transfer saga outside of Vinicius’ comments. Reportedly there was a pre-agreement between Barcelona and Vinicius’ agency, but just a week later he was offered to Real Madrid and chose to sign.
Vinicius has become a central part of Zidane’s team and has been called on many times this season in light of Eden Hazard’s injuries. It has been a great experience to watch him grow at the club and be given big responsibilities.
The young Brazilian is still only 19 and we will get to see his game grow even further as he notches more and more match time under his belt.
Kubo’s near future with the club could be impacted by a couple of decisions
According to AS, Takefusa Kubo’s future at Real Madrid could be contingent on the decisions Los Blancos make with Luka Modric and Martin Ødegaard.
This means that Modric staying another season could have an impact. If I had to guess it’s likely Modric is a part of this club still next season.
And that Ødegaard returning early from loan could also affect Kubo. However, the Norwegian has made it known that he wants to see out his full loan with Sociedad.
Kubo is still very young, he’s only 18. There’s no real rush to get him into Zidane’s lineup as he is getting first team experience with a La Liga club in Mallorca. Recall where Ødegaard was at Kubo’s age and see how far he has come in his own career.
So, there’s still plenty of time for Kubo. He will probably go on loan again next season. AS’s article says that Real Madrid would preferably send him to a European competition club.
AS acknowledged in the article that no real decisions have been made yet by the club, it seems they are giving more what-if scenarios regarding whether Kubo stays or goes again next season.
Jovic says he used the same exercise equipment as Coronavirus diagnosed player
Luka Jovic spoke with Serbian news station B92 [via AS] about how he and the club are taking precautions after a Real Madrid Baloncesto player recently tested positive for coronavirus.
“We went to the training ground this morning [Friday], but people from the club came to tell us that training had been cancelled and there would be no more sessions during the next two weeks. We have been ordered to stay at home and remain in Madrid.”
“When I fell injured and wasn’t training with the group during the past two or three days, I used the same exercise equipment as a player [Trey Thompkins] who has contracted coronavirus. I feel really good, I don’t have symptoms. We’re waiting for the club to give us more instructions.”
So, from Jovic’s interview, it sounds like he and the rest of the club are quarantining themselves after Thompkins tested positive for coronavirus just a couple of days ago. Given the uncertainty that has been around this virus, it absolutely makes sense.
It seems like this virus takes quite about of time before symptoms show, so hopefully Jovic continues to be in good health as well as the rest of the Real Madrid organization. The virus has already put a hold on both La Liga and the Champions League.