On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani, Om Arvind, and Matt Wiltse rewatch Real Madrid’s 2 - 2 draw at the Camp Nou in 1999. Talking points:
- Clasico tension at its boiling point
- Real Madrid’s 1999 - 2000 season
- John Benjamin Toshack
- Starting lineups, and notable omissions
- Peak Luis Figo carving up Real Madrid
- Young Puyol one of Barcelona’s only good defenders
- Raul’s off-ball movement
- Geremi and Savio providing great performances on the flanks
- Clarence Seedorf’s Real Madrid career cut short
- THE HUSH
- Raul’s peak, and ultimate decline
- What was Pep like as a player?
- And more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)