This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in three parts.
Part One (Kiyan Sobhani, Alex Goldberg on Chelsea / Hazard / Kovacic / Podcasting)
- How does Alex get his guests?
- The story of getting Reece James and (almost) Mason Mount on The Byline
- Chelsea’s dealings with the press
- Why Chelsea and Real Madrid are indirect allies
- Eden Hazard’s best season
- Mateo Kovacic’s turnaround at Chelsea
- Was Chelsea’s transfer ban a blessing in disguise?
Part Two — 1:12:39 — (Kiyan Sobhani, Matt Wiltse Om Arvind on Real Madrid’s encounter with Manchester United in the European Cup semi-finals in 1968)
- Amancio’s greatness
- The Ye-ye era
- Gento’s longevity
- Busby’s United team
- Why this was such a relatable game to watch
- An incredible atmosphere at the Bernabeu
- Wonky formations
- How Real Madrid changed after Puskas and Di Stefano left
- The collapse — blowing a two-goal aggregate lead
- Why Pirri is one of the most underrated players in Real Madrid history
- Miguel Perez
- Rapid fire questions: CR vs Messi, our favourite players, our favourite teams said from Real Madrid, our most disliked teams, etc.
- And more.
Part Three — 2:44:40 — (Kristofer McCormack, Sam Sharpe, Ruben Skjerping on Castilla Corner)
- This week, Castilla Corner give their top five and bottom five Castilla prospects through a higher/lower ranking of the entire squad.
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)
Alex Goldberg (@AlexGoldberg_)
Sam Sharpe (@CastillaStats)
Kristofer McCormack (@k_mc06)
Ruben Skjerping (@RubenPMN)