This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part 1 (Sam Sharpe and Kristofer McCormack joined by former Real Madrid Castilla player Chupe)
- How he signed for Real Madrid
- Fighting with Castilla manager Lopez Caro and meeting up with him in China
- How close he came to a Champions League medal in 2002
- His international debut against Adebayor
- His league winners medal with Castilla in 2002 and why he doesn’t feel like a champion
- Would he return to Real Madrid to manage Castilla or in the academy.
Part 2 — 37:30 — (Kiyan Sobhani, Om Arvind, Matt Wiltse break down Real Madrid vs Manchester United (2nd leg) in 2003)
- Quickly recapping what happened in the 1st leg before diving into the 2nd leg
- Luis Figo’s decline apparent in 2003
- Claude Makelele’s incredible performance
- The visible absence of Raul
- Should Real Madrid have sold Figo when they purchased Beckham?
- Zinedine Zidane’s performance — some conflicting views from the crew
- Is Zidane trying to recreate himself through Isco?
- How has the #10 role evolved?
- How pressing / defending has evolved
- Peak Iker Casilla
- And more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
View this post on Instagram
How good was Zidane as a player? @mwiltse10, Om Arvind, and @kiyanso discuss. Full episode is on your Podcast app, the latest episode: https://www.managingmadrid.com/2020/5/11/21254051/managing-madrid-podcast-ronaldos-hat-trick-at-old-trafford-former-real-madrid-player-chupe-joins-the