Real Madrid have released an official statement asking fans to not congregate at Cibeles should the team win La Liga.
Real Madrid C. F. asks its partners and fans not to go to Cibeles in the event of winning the League.
1. We are all aware of the difficult situation we are experiencing and the effort that society is making to combat the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. Football is also contributing to this and, among all of us, it has been possible to recover the competition in an enormously complex context.
2. In the absence of just two days to complete the League, both our team and F. C. Barcelona have options to be champion.
3. If it were the circumstance that Real Madrid was proclaimed champion, our players would not go to the traditional venues, especially the Plaza de Cibeles, so we also ask our partners and fans to not go to those places, either, in the case that we win the championship. In this sense, we must all contribute with a sense of absolute responsibility to avoid risks of contagion from the pandemic.
4. Real Madrid thanks our partners and fans in advance for their understanding. All the effort and work of our players, the coaching staff, and the club for the possible achievement of a title are always aimed at sharing it with our fans, but we are aware that the times we are living oblige us to take extreme measures of prudence.
5. Real Madrid feels obliged to carry out this important appeal in an exercise of maximum responsibility and with the conviction that any possible victory for our team should not be a huge step backwards in everyone’s fight against this pandemic.