This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in three parts.
Part One (Post-game show with Kiyan Sobhani, Matt Wiltse, and Om Arvind)
- How Real Madrid have found a way in the past 3 games
- The defense
- The offense
- Skewed xG
- The roles of Marco Asensio and Rodrygo Goes
- Athletic’s tactical set up
- Rodrygo’s performance in the second half
- Eder Militao’s performance
- Was the Ramos stamp a PK?
- And more.
Part Two — 50:33 — (Castilla Corner with Sam Sharpe, Kristofer McCormack, Ruben Skjerping, and Alex Clapham)
- Alex’s early career.
- His interest in Spanish football
- Challenges learning Spanish
- How his move to Sweden came about
- How the pandemic has affected his new job
- The behind the scenes work for a coach
- How he ended up at Getafe
- Games against Real Madrid
- The ruthlessness of the Real Madrid academy
- The Getafe - Real Madrid rivalry in youth football
- The money and luxury Real Madrid youth players enjoy
- Pablo Ramon
- Should youth teams play like the senior side.
- and loads more.
Part Three (1:44:12): Journalism Corner. Kiyan talks about the 20% that brings in 80% of the revenue, and why clickbait needs to exist.
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)
Sam Sharpe (@CastillaStats)
Kristofer McCormack (@K_mc06)
Ruben Skjerping (@RubenPMN)
Alex Clapham (@alexclapham)