This Patron-only episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part One: Mailbag with Kiyan Sobhani and Lucas Navarette)
- A reflection on the loss against Sheriff
- Should David Alaba play more as defensive midfielder?
- Winter transfer window options
- The decision to loan out Alvaro Odriozola
- Ferland Mendy’s return
- What is Carlo had Zinedine Zidane as his assistant again?
- Ancelotti’s A-team / B-team comment
- The Casemiro - Camvinga - Valverde midfield
- Why didn’t Ancelotti start Isco against Sheriff?
- Have we lost our ‘fear factor’ at the Vernabeu?
- A hypothetical, gun-to-our-head scenario involving the departure of a player
- Luis Enrique’s Spanish squad selection.
Part Two (55:00): Las Blancas post-game with Grant Little and Om Arvind
- Real Madrid not opening tickets to the general public and why any excuses for this are nonsense
- How bad our start to the league is and the realistic chances of a comeback
- Thoughts on the starting lineup
- Why David Aznar might be preferring Rocío Gálvez over Babett Peter at the moment
- The reasons Real Sociedad’s press failed
- Madrid’s inability to capitalize on their territorial dominance
- Athenea del Castillo’s struggles
- How much Marta Cardona would’ve saved us over these last four league games
- Which defender was most responsible on the penalty incident
- Whether the penalty call was harsh
- Natalia Arroyo’s comments in regard to Real Sociedad adjusting their build-up structure; video analysis:
Arroyo mentioned Iris helping La Real's press resistance vs. Madrid post-match. So, I compared her words to the film.@natarroyo explicó como @IrisArnaiz reaccionó para superar la presión del Madrid. Esto es lo que dijo y así es como se vio en el partido.pic.twitter.com/Y9S4kczo2Z— tácticas del enemigo para desestabilizar (@OmVAsports) September 30, 2021
- Babett Peter’s second half performance coming in for Ivana Andrés
- Nahikari García’s impact off the bench
- Lorena Navarro’s case for player of the match
- Caroline Møller Hansen always being introduced into the worst situations
- A brief summary on the allegations against ex-North Carolina Courage coach Paul Riley
- Links for further info on the last bullet: detailed Athletic piece by Meg Linehan; live timeline of the evolving situation; official statement by the North Carolina Courage terminating Riley’s contract; official statement by the Portland Thorns; official statement by Commissioner Lisa Baird and the NWSL; statements by Alex Morgan; statement by Becky Sauerbrunn; tweet by Nadia Nadim
- These problems not being isolated to the NWSL and the wider problems in women’s football as a whole
- Supporting the players and bearing in mind the things they might be going through behind the scenes
Thanks for being a Patron. We hope you enjoy the show!
Book your tickets to these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast world tour:
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Grant Little (@grantlittle09)
Las Blancas (@Las_Blancas)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Lucas Navarrete (@LucasNavarreteM)