Real Madrid defeated Rayo Vallecano 1-0 courtesy of an Esther goal, assisted by Nahikari Garcia.
Las Blancas dominated the ball from the start. They put Rayo under pressure and forced them back into their own half but struggled in the final third. Real Madrid created multiple scoring opportunities in the first half but were unable to capitalize on their superiority.
Real Madrid started the second half on the front foot. They continued to dominate possession but they also created more opportunities. In the 54th minute, Las Blancas converted. Nahikari Garcia played a pass to Esther inside the 18-yard box. Esther beat her defender and opened the scoring with a good finish.
Las Blancas created more chances and stifled the Rayo attack but Real Madrid were unable to double the tally and saw out the 1-0 win in the Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano.
- 10’ Zornoza played a cross-field ball to Olga Carmona, who fired her shot into the side netting.
- 11’ Esther dribbled into the box surrounded by three defenders and her shot deflected out for a corner kick.
- 12’ Caroline Moller Hansen looped her header over the crossbar.
- 22’ Zornoza switched the point of attack to Olga. The left back swung a dangerous cross into the box and Nahikari Garcia got on the end of it but couldn’t steer it on target.
- 29’ Zornoza tried her luck from distance but it drifted just over the bar.
- 39’ Moller crossed to Esther in the box, Esther received it on the turn and fired a shot on target that the Rayo keeper tipped over the bar.
- 43’ Esther tried to curl it into the top corner from distance but couldn’t test the keeper.
- Las Blancas started the second half with much more energy and invention.
- 50’ Nahikari Garcia turned at the top of the box and sprayed it wide to the onrushing Kenti Robles. The right back tried to find Esther in the box but her pass was cut out by a sliding challenge.
- 51’ Esther attempted another curling effort from distance and hit the crossbar.
- 54’ Nahikari played it to Esther in the box. Esther beat her defender and found the back of the net to open the scoring.
⚽️⚡️ ¡La imparable @Estheeer9 marcó el primer tanto del partido!#PrimeraIberdrola pic.twitter.com/H7FkuZ92QM— Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadridfem) November 6, 2021
- 55’ Nahikari crossed to Moller, who shot right at the keeper.
- 66’ Nahikari’s bicycle kick attempt looped over the bar.
- 78’ Teresa. who was subbed on for Maite Oroz, played it wide to Olga Carmona. Olga squared to Moller and her shot was saved.
- 85’ Tere played a back pass to Misa. The goalkeeper made a tackle/clearance to prevent a Rayo goal.
- Las Blancas saw out the 1-0 result and won their second consecutive league match.
Real Madrid travel to Paris next. Las Blancas take on PSG in France on Tuesday, Nov. 9. Kick off is scheduled for 3 p.m. EST.