The Open Thread/Daily Merengue is a place where you can discuss anything and everything related to football. Feel free to discuss the topics presented here, or start your very own discussions! The Open thread will be posted every day by one of the mods you’d totally treat to beers and fingerfood: Valyrian Steel, Felipejack, YoSnail, Ezek Ix or yours truly.
TODAY IS ALL ABOUT TONI KROOS
Here are some interesting facts about Toni Motorolla Kroos:
- He was the youngest player to represent Bayern Munich professionally, he was just 17 years, 8 months, and 22 days.
- He’s nicknamed ‘Garcon’ or ‘The Waiter’ for his impressive passing abilities that make it effortless to score for the strikers.
- His idol was Frenchman Johan Micoud who played for the German side, Werder Bremen, Kroos has some resemblances to the Frenchman’s game style.
- His younger brother, Felix Kroos is also a professional footballer, he plays for Eintracht Braunschweig in Germany.
- He’s the first East German to have won the World Cup, since the merger of both the West and East Side in 1990, he’s the first person to win it from East in 2014.
- His father was his first coach, his father coached Greifswalder SC, Felix and Toni trained under him till they joined their respective academies.
- His father was a wrestler and a football coach and his mother was a professional badminton player, athletic blood ran in his veins.
- He is a big Robbie Williams fan, Kroos follows the British pop stars and loves all his albums. He even met him personally and presented him gifts.
- He still cleans his boots on his own, he uses the same model of shoes from the past 9 years and cleans them on his own even when the team has a kitman.
Facts by indiashorts.com