Real Madrid Femenino were hammered 4-0 by Paris Saint-Germain in the Parc des Princes on Tuesday in the UEFA Women’s Champions League Group Stages.
Las Blancas got off to a shaky start in a hostile Parc des Princes. Within ten minutes, PSG could have been up by two goals. Real Madrid failed to mark Diani and Amanda Ilestedt on corner kicks. Diani scuffed her shot and Ilestedt headed hers off the crossbar. PSG continued to come forward at pace down the flanks. The Parisians eventually found the opener in the 13th minute. Ashley Lawrence cut inside and played it to Diani. Diani found Grace Geyoro, who slid Marie-Antoinette Katoto through on goal. Meline Gerard was quick off her line but Katoto took the ball around the Real Madrid keeper and finished calmly.
Real Madrid found a bit of success in possession as the half progressed but couldn’t turn it into opportunities on goal. Toward the end of the half PSG turned up the pressure and pinned Real Madrid into their own 18-yard box. In the 42nd minute, Lawrence drove end line and cut it back. The ball found its way past Ivana Andres and Rocio Galvez and hit off Maite Oroz, who was making a recovery run toward goal. The ball bounced off Oroz and into the path of Sara Dabritz and she poked it home.
Things would only get worse for Las Blancas in the second half. Katoto scored a second after making Real Madrid pay on a corner. In the 65th minute, Rocio unfortunatley mishit a Diani cross into her own net to make it 4-0 to PSG. Las Blancas were only able to create two half-chances throughout the entire match via Claudia Zornoza and Caroline Moller Hansen and the Parisians emerged victorious with a 4-0 scoreline.
- 2’ Ivana Andres made a sliding challenge to prevent a Geyoro shot.
- 3’ Diani gets free on a corner kick and mishits her shot straight at Gerard.
- 10’ Ilestedt redirected Sandy Baltimore’s corner kick service off the crossbar and Las Blancas cleared it off the line.
- 11’ Gerard made a diving intervention to prevent a tap-in.
- 13’ Katoto opened the scoring after a fluid move down the right flank which resulted in the forward rounding Gerard and finishing precisely.
- 19’ Dabritz got down the flank and crossed the ball all the way across the penalty area and no player could get a touch.
- 26’ Maite Oroz made a stellar pass to bypass the PSG midfield line. Marta Corredera tried to find Esther in behind but couldn’t connect.
- 39’ Gerard made a kick save to deny Sakina Karchaoui.
- 41’ Lawrence drove toward the box and cut her pass back past Ivana and Rocio. It deflected off Maite Oroz, who made a recovery run into the path of Dabritz. The German tapped it into the back of the net to double the Parisians’ lead.
- 49’ Diani received a ball over the top. She cut past one defender before another made a vital intervention.
- 53’ Gerard made another diving save to deny Diani from a tight angle.
- 54’ Katoto made it a brace. She rose above Rocio to meet a corner kick and headed it into the back of the net.
- 60’ Las Blancas created their best opportunity of the match. Athenea played it wide to Lucia. Lucia crossed to Esther in the box. The forward dropped it off to Claudia Zornoza, who smashed it over the bar.
- 65’ Rocio shanked a good Diani cross into the back of the net after some miscommunication with Gerard to make it 4-0.
- 81’ Substitute Caroline Moller Hansen went on a nice solo run and fired a shot just wide of the goal.
Las Blancas will look to rebound against Real Betis in Primera Iberdrola on Saturday, November 13 at 1 p.m. EST (7 p.m. CEST).