This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part One (Loan-tracker with Kiyan Sobhani and Matt Wiltse)
- Martin Odegaard vs Manchester City
- Odegaard and Dani Ceballos vs Benfica
- Gareth Bale had moments!
- Sergio Reguilon’s return
- Was Takefusa Kubo to Getafe a bad move?
- Luka Jovic vs Bayern Munich
- Reinier Jesus vs Schalke
- Borja Mayoral vs Benevento and Braga
- Jesus Vallejo vs Napoli
- And more.
Part Two — 33:45 — (Mega Atalanta preview with Kiyan Sobhani and Jose Perez)
- Is Atalanta a good matchup for Real Madrid?
- Are they tactically versatile enough in big games?
- The lack of a ‘Plan B’
- Gasperini’s tactics
- What will Atalanta’s tactics be?
- Can Real Madrid deal with their press?
- How can Real defend Ilicic?
- Will Muriel and Zapata play together?
- How can Real Madrid score without Karim Benzema?
- Is ‘false 9’ an option?
- The of the wingers
- How Atalanta have been able to limit entries into the final third
- Key matchups
- And more.
Thanks for being a Patron. We hope you enjoy the show, and see you tomorrow for a live Zoom post-game podcast!
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Jose Perez (@jcperez_)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)