This Patron-only episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part One: Las Blancas with Om Arvind and Grant Little
- Recurring tactical issues with the double pivot
- Aurélie Kaci’s exhaustion
- Breaking down Madrid CFF”s 2nd minute goal
- Real Madrid Femenino not looking prepared for the opposition’s intensity
- Las Blancas’ poor set-piece defense
- Why Real Madrid performed better after the break
- Kosovare Asllani carrying her team’s build-up in the second half
- Was Jessica Martínez really that bad?
- What Lorena Navarro could’ve offered
- The counterpress and the penalty
- Should Teresa Abelleira have come on for Olga Carmona?
- The brutal physicality of the match
- Did Priscila Borja intend that goal?
- We go again on Sunday
- And much more
Part Two (56:50): Mailbag with Kiyan Sobhani and Lucas Navarrete
- Lucas reveals his thoughts on the whole European Super League fiasco
- How does Florentino Perez shake this off?
- His ‘tone-deafness’
- A complete lack of PR
- The origins of Managing Madrid
- How did Lucas and Kiyan get involved writing for the site?
- The direction of the site and podcast
- Premier League money — how big of a problem is it for the rest of Europe?
- Will Eden Hazard play vs Chelsea?
- What happens to Martin Odegaard next season?
- David Alaba’s fit
- And more.
Thanks for being a Patron. We hope you enjoy the show!
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Lucas Navarrete (@LucasNavarreteM)
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Grant Little (@grantlittle09)
Las Blancas (@Las_Blancas)