This mega episode of the Managing Madrid comes in two parts.
Part One: Athletic post-game / Castilla eliminated / Raul as a manager with Kiyan Sobhani, Sam Sharpe, Kristofer McCormack, Ruben Skjerping
- Dealing with the absolute La Liga chaos in the 2nd half
- Raul Garcia’s red card and Luis Suarez’s goal
- Thank God Miguel Gutierrez started...
- How would Miguel and Antonio Blanco have helped Castilla today?
- Why Castilla absolutely need to get to Segunda
- Was Miguel always this good?
- Should we have even called up Blanco?
- Terrible playoff rules
- What does Castilla look like next season?
- Marvin Park vs Sergio Santos
- Miguel’s performance vs Athletic
- Our press
- Fede Valverde’s performance
- Eder Militao vs Iñaki Williams
- An insane lack of offensive production outside of Karim Benzema
- Reflecting on Vinicius Jr’s time at Castilla
- Zinedine Zidane’s sub
- Is Raul Gonzalez ready to coach Real Madrid?
- Xabi Alonso and Guti as options
- Massimiliano Allegri
- Difference between Raul and Zidane
- Does Zidane leaving mean Kylian Mbappe is not coming?
- The sacrifice needed to make room for Mbappe
Part Two (1:30:45): Real Madrid Femenino 2 - 0 Eibar post-game with Om Arvind and Grant Little
- League table updates!
- Grant can’t forgive me
- Corredera as a left-winger! Again...
- Eibar’s reduced intensity and defensive scheme
- Marta Cardona’s influence over our offensive efficacy
- How Maite Oroz and Teresa Abelleira controlled the first half
- Teresa’s press resistance on the opener
- Why we had less control at the start of the second half
- Were David Aznar’s subs pre-prepared or a reaction to the game?
- Jessica Martínez’s impact
- A little segment on the underrated Lorena Navarro and her game-sealing goal
- Getting excited about Marta Cardona, Olga Carmona, and Real Madrid receiving international attention from playing in the UEFA Women’s Champions League next season
- English football bias in the media
- Why we can’t hate Barcelona Femení
- The similarities between Barca and the USWNT
- UWCL final predictions
- And much more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider joining our big Real Madrid family for more bonus content: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.