On this Patron-only episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani, Matt Wiltse, and Om Arvind discuss:
- A rant from each of the hosts
- Why was this a 3-5-2 instead of a 4-3-3?
- Om’s tactical clips
- Real Madrid’s build-up issues
- Issues with spacing
- Why did Eden Hazard play almost 90 minutes?
- The black hole on the right side
- What happens if you swap Mason Mount and Eden Hazard today?
- Hazard’s performance
- A breakdown of the defensive collapse during Timo Werner’s goal
- N’golo Kante’s performance
- The shocking lack of adjustments from Zidane
- Why didn’t we send Casemiro and Ramos into the box?
- Chelsea’s ability to limit our crosses
- Zidane’s subs
- Casemiro’s shocking defensive stats
- Big picture discussion: What’s next? Should Zidane continue? Realistic changes for next season, etc
- Do we need a sporting director?
- Zidane’s post-game quotes
- Is this the worst performance from Zidane ever?
- And more.
Thanks for being a Patron. We hope you enjoy the show!
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)