On this patron-only episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Matt Wiltse, Om Arvind, and Siddharth Ramsundar discuss:
- Initial thoughts on Ancelotti news and eventual appointment
- Why Conte was not the best fit for Real Madrid
- Continuity appointment following Zidane
- How Ancelotti fared at Everton
- Which players benefit the most from Carlo’s appointment
- Is this a second lease at life for Gareth Bale?
- Discussion on Casemiro’s fit within Ancelotti’s system
- Concerns about the press
- Track record with youth integration
- Should rotations actually be a concern?
- Everton upgraded their squad, but the underlying numbers got worse
- Ancelotti’s best skill as a manager and primary selling point
- Not inheriting the same Real Madrid squad as in 2013, will they get the structure they need?
- Discussion on Real Madrid’s managerial search process
- Thoughts on Pochettino asking to leave PSG
- Florentino Perez under scrutiny – weakest point as President since Makelele departure
*Note: Apologize for some audio issues early on in the 5th minute and the 9th minute, but it was resolved during the remainder of the recording.
*The Arbeloa assistant manager news was released post-recording.
Thanks for being a Patron. We hope you enjoy the show!
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Siddharth Ramsundar (@TacticalFouling)