This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part One: Las Blancas with Om Arvind and Grant Little
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME!!!
- The Madridismo-remontada spirit in this team
- What the league table looks like, because why not?
- Explaining how the UWCL qualifiers work
- What we can tell you about the Chioma Ubogagu situation
- Thoughts on the lineup
- How both teams exploited each other well from a tactical perspective
- Maite Oroz’s unusually poor start
- The brutal way Real Madrid Femenino conceded the first goal
- Lucía Rodríguez’s (future Madrid player) good performance
- Las Blancas’ strong response to going down
- The feeling that the game was going against us
- Teresa Abelleira’s magnificent, clutch display
- Teresa’s importance on throw-ins
- Why Marta Cardona and Sofia Jakobsson need to swap positions more
- The one big weakness with the 4-3-3 false nine/4-4-2 diamond approach and how it allowed Real Sociedad to score their second goal
- The unreal mentality of this side
- Kenti Robles stepping up defensively
- Initial reaction to the David Aznar subs
- Why the change to the double pivot worked in this case
- How Teresa’s retention off of throw-ins created our first goal
- Breaking down Madrid’s equalizing goal
- Jessica Martínez’s impact on the third goal and her Real Madrid legacy
- The historic nature of this season
- Shouting out all the wonderful people that helped and educated us
- Why Real Madrid creating a women’s team is so important
- Thanking the listeners and patrons
Part Two (1:15:3): Kiyan Sobhani and Kristofer McCormack revisit La Septima
- The context of surrounding the 1998 Champions League final between Real Madrid and Juventus and why it was such an important game
- Was is the biggest night in Real Madrid history?
- The deep coaching pool that came out of that Juve team
- Jupp Heynckes still kicking after coaching us to a title in 98
- Lorenzo Sanz’s revolution
- Elvir Baljic
- Who’s aged the best?
- The Fernando Hierro - Manolo Sanchis partnership
- Zinedine Zidane’s performance
- Edgar Davids vs Clarence Seedorf
- Roberto Carlos’s greatness
- His finals record
- Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo
- If Twitter was around for the Ferenc Puskas signing..
- Was Predrag Mijatovic offside?
- The importance of his goal and celebration
- And more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please joins us on Tuesday’s and Thursdays’s ALL SUMMER over on Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon for more bonus content: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Grant Little (@grantlittle09)
Las Blancas (@Las_Blancas)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Kristofer McCormack (@CastillaCorner)