This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast is brought to you by Hotel Riu Plaza New York Times Square, where you should book your stay when you come see in New York in December for the live podcast. Book your tickets here.
On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani and Matt Wiltse break down Real Madrid’s 5 - 0 loss to AC Milan in the 1988 - 1989 European Cup 2nd leg semi-finals. (1st leg podcast can be found here):
- The starting line-ups for both teams
- Similarities between Paco Llorente and Marcos Llorente
- Real Madrid’s initial promising start to the game before getting annihilated
- Should Real Madrid have had a penalty in the first half?
- The body language of the team with each passing Milan goal
- Milan’s offside trap
- The issues of the Bernd Schuster - Martin Vazquez double pivot
- Carlo Ancelotti’s perfomance
- And much more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please join us on Patreon for tons of bonus content: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Book your tickets to these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast world tour:
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@kiyanSo)
Matt Wiltse (@mattWiltse4)