Real Madrid legend Cristiano Ronaldo has addressed El Chiringuito’s report, which said that coach Carlo Ancelotti wants to have the Portuguese attacker back at Real Madrid. Ancelotti denied the report earlier this Tuesday and Ronaldo also shared some words about it on his Social Media.
The Portuguese attacker mentions not only the reports saying that he could return to Real Madrid but also other articles linking him with Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City.
Anyone who knows me is aware of how focused I am on my work. Less talk and more action, this has been my guiding motto since the start of my career. However, in view of everything that’s been said and written recently, I have to set out my position.
More than the disrespect for me as a man and as a player, the frivolous way that my future is covered in the media is disrespectful to all the clubs involved in these rumours, as well as to their players and staff.
My story at Real Madrid has been written. It’s been recorded. In words and numbers, in trophies and titles, in records and in headlines. It’s in the Museum at the Bernabeu Stadium and it’s also in the minds of every fan of the club. And beyond what I achieved, I remember that in those nine years I had a relationship of deep affection and respect for “merengue afición”, an affection and respect that I retain to this day, and that I will always cherish. I know that the true Real Madrid fans will continue to have me in their hearts, and I will have them in mine.
As well as this most recent episode in Spain, there have been frequent news and stories associating me with a number of clubs in many different Leagues, with nobody ever being concerned about trying to find out the actual truth.
I’m breaking my silence now to say that I can’t allow people to keep playing around with my name. I remain focused on my career and in my work, committed and prepared for all the challenges that I have to face. Everything else? Everything else is just talk.
Source: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Instagram.
This leaves Cristiano Ronaldo’s close friend Edu Aguirre in a tough spot. Aguirre was the one who reported the news last night on El Chiringuito and he is also the one who first reported Ronaldo’s signing for Juventus three years ago.