clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

VINICIUS HENRY IS BACK! AUGUST 23, 2021

Your Daily Merengue! Open Thread: VINICIUS HENRY EDITION!

99% Chance, 1% goal - Vinicius Henry JR.

The Open Thread/Daily Merengue is a place where you can discuss anything and everything related to football. Feel free to discuss the topics presented here, or start your very own discussions! The Open thread will be posted every day by one of the mods: Valyrian Steel, Felipejack, YoSnail, Ezek Ix or NeRObutBlanco.

99% CHANCE, 1% GOAL

It used to be 99 chances, 1 goal. Either way, Oh boy! what a time for me to do the Open Thread. Y’all remember Vinicus Henry from the Liverpool 1st leg from last season? well he’s back and balling. Only needing 99% chance to turn the last 1% of our hope into a goal. His 2nd goal was a beauty, class touch and highlight reel finish. Vini has only just begun. My monthly goal estimate for him is 2 goals a month. If he can continue at this pace, he’ll be at 15 by seasons end. I hope carlo continues to trust him & rodrygo with minutes even if their form dips. if he finishes the season with 15 goals or more, we should start calling him ‘Vinicius Sr’ and upgrade his slogan to “99% goal, 1% chance”.

ANSWERLOTTERY (ancelotti)

My new nick name for Ancelotti. We might actually see our players playing to their true monetary value. Give Vini/Bale space to run, Asensio has never belonged on the wings and we should’ve never switched to possession football. Hopefully this season, we end this ugly, dead in the water, possession style football that has been our doom the last couple years. I hope things don’t change when Kroos & Modric gets back. Our boys need to run and we must create space for them at all costs and not camp in the opposition’s half trying to fit a cow through the eye of a needle (Low Blocks). Even benzema looks good on the run. Seeing that we don’t have midfielders that can consistently deliver the final pass into the box during low block situations. We need to make space for running and only use possession as a last resort or for damage control reasons. Never as a first resort.

CASEHERO

Oh and Case made a long range, perfectly timed line breaking pass to Vini for his 1st goal. For those that are adamant that casemiro is eternally an obtrusion to our offense. Go watch his porto games and his 2013-14 time with us here and also when benitez first played him in the derby against atletico. But i know his detractors won’t do that and will continue to assert that their narrative of him is right. Then again, Case has given them ammo in the last couple years since being a full time DM doing the basic things.

IN THEIR DEFENSE

Our defense will sort itself out. I hope none of you were expecting our Auxiliary RB, Vazquez, to do wonders at the back so soon. What’s the deal with Odri? is he out?