This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast is brought to you by Moxy Hotel South Beach, which is where you should be booking your stay when you come see us in Miami for the live podcast in January. Book your tickets here.
On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani, Om Arvind, and Matt Wiltse discuss:
- Real Madrid’s starting XI vs Real Betis
- Our press vs Betis’s build-up
- Why our press was disjointed
- Our counter-pressing by comparison
- The wingback duel
- Real’s defensive shape overall
- Casemiro’s performance
- His usage rate
- Is he a dying breed?
- How would Pep Guardiola and Thomas Tuchel use him?
- Isco’s performance
- Why we struggled in the build-up phase
- Gareth Bale and Vinicius Jr
- Karim Benzema’s performance
- Carlo Ancelotti’s subs
- Marco Asensio’s performance
- Miguel Gutierrez’s performance
- Kylian Mbappe updates and potential tactical fit
- What happened? Why is this deal breaking down?
- Why was the Spanish media so confident about the deal?
- And more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please join us over on Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid for more bonus content.
Book your tickets to these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast world tour:
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Kiyan Sobhani (@kiyanSo)
Matt Wiltse (@mattWiltse4)