This Patron-only episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part One: #DeadlineDay / Loan-tracker with Kiyan Sobhani and Matt Wiltse
- Eduardo Camavinga scouting report
- His strengths and weaknesses
- Where does he fit?
- Can he co-exist with Fede Valverde?
- His best position
- How does this affect Marco Asensio?
- PSG’s shocking non-response
- Their constant lies
- Barcelona’s horrific transfer window
- Are we worried about Reinier Jesus?
- Sergio Reguilon vs Ismaïla Sarr
- Takefusa Kubo vs Espanyol
- Brahim Diaz vs Cagliari
- And more.
Part Two (1:01:20): Grant Little and Om Arvind Las Blancas Post-game show
- Our in-the-moment reactions to the game and the result
- How strong were Manchester City coming into this one?
- City’s good start and Real Madrid’s nerves
- Misa being a lifesaver
- Lucía Rodríguez’s rough night defensively
- Where the first half turned in Madrid’s favor
- Fully analyzing Las Blancas’ pressing and counterpressing
- The vast differences in physical level between last season and this season
- Why Aurélie Kaci starting was the correct decision initially
- How Madrid stopped Manchester City’s possession mechanisms
- Teresa Abelleira’s partidazo
- Ivana Andres’ GOAT-level performance
- The offensive impact of Ivana’s defending
- Debating Olga Carmona’s consistency on the night
- Athenea del Castillo and Kenti Robles shutting down Lauren Hemp and Demi Stokes
- The validity of Madrid’s direct attacking strategy
- The value that Esther González provided despite her poor finishing
- Contrasting Esther’s and Nahikari García’s styles and performances
- Can Esther and Nahikari play together?
- Giving Babett Peter her props
- The irony of City’s goal
- City’s tactical switch in the second half
- Vicky Losada being made to eat her words
- City revealing the danger they possess after the opener
- Madrid’s new, more successful strategy for finding Athenea
- Should Claudia Zornoza have come on for Olga or someone else?
- The beauty of the equalizing goal
- The best celebrations
- The last time we felt these type of emotions
- Athenea’s 1v1 genius and battle with Stokes
- Athenea’s complete lack of fear
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon for more bonus content: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Grant Little (@grantlittle09)
Las Blancas (@Las_Blancas)
Kiyan Sobhani (@kiyanSo)
Matt Wiltse (@mattWiltse4)
Book your tickets to these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast world tour: