On this Patron-only episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani, Om Arvind, and Matt Wlitse discuss:
- Carlo Ancelotti’s post-game quotes
- David Alaba and Nacho’s positioning
- Why did Ancelotti start Lucas Vazquez?
- What Rodrygo Goes brought that Vazqeuz didn’t
- Ancelotti’s reasoning for not playing Eden Hazard
- Bastoni’s role
- the xG
- An analysis of Real Madrid’s defensive issues.
- Skriniar’s role
- Vinicius Jr’s defensive role
- When should we expect to see improvements in the team’s press?
- Skriniar vs Vinicius
- What we were missing offensively
- Dani Carvajal and Nacho’s performances
- What changed at half-time?
- Carlo’s subs
- Is a trio of Casemiro - Fede - Camavinga sustainable?
- Breaking down the genius of Camavinga on the goal
- Eduardo Camavgina’s ‘overeagerness’
- Are the South American players burnt out?
- Carlo’s reasons for not starting Miguel Gutierrez
- Missing Sergio Ramos’s long-range passing
- And more.
Thanks for being a Patron. We hope you enjoy the show!
Book your tickets to these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast world tour:
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Matt Wiltse (@Mattwiltse4)