This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast is brought to you by Hotel Riu Plaza New York Times Square, which is where you should be booking your stay when you come see us for the Managing Madrid Podcast LIVE in New York City in December. Tickets to the New York podcast are here.
On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani and Matt Wiltse discuss:
- Why a message of caution is needed after this win
- Mallorca’s injury list and terrible defense
- Carlo Ancelotti’s starting XI
- Eduardo Camavinga’s defensive positioning
- Is this Marco Asensio performance something “real”?
- How sustainable is this offense?
- Asensio’s CM role and why it might get exploited in other games
- The performances of Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo Goes
- Should Rodrygo be a starter?
- Our xG (today, and beyond)
- Our defensive gambles and high line
- Carlo’s ability to resuscitate players
- Karim Benzema’s performance
- Fede Valverde’s subtly great season
- Carlo’s subs
- And more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us on Patreon for more bonus content: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Book your tickets to these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast world tour:
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Matt Wiltse (@Mattwiltse4)