On this Patron-only episode of Las Blancas Podcast, Om Arvind and Grant Little discuss:
- Thoughts on a lineup that initially confused a lot of people
- Should Caroline Møller Hansen have started?
- Real Madrid’s lack of depth
- Granadilla’s tactical approach
- How big of a factor the pitch really was and whether Madrid need to change their approach on these surfaces
- Claudia Zornoza’s awful night
- Why Las Blancas should want more players being called up to their national teams
- The continuing issue with defensive set-pieces
- Breaking down the opener
- Ange Koko’s and Cristina Martin-Prieto’s quality performances
- Missing Ivana Andrés
- Where to direct your refereeing criticism in women’s football
- How much Lorena Navarro and especially Maite Oroz actually impacted the game
- The effect of moving to a back three vs. the influence of game state
- The grim look of the table after matchday 3
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Grant Little (@grantlittle09)
Las Blancas (@Las_Blancas)
Book your tickets to these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast world tour: