This Patron-only episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts.
Part 1: Las Blancas post-gam show with Grant Little and Om Arvind
- How it feels knowing that we outplayed Manchester City and deserved to progress
- Is Real Madrid’s Champions League DNA real?
- What makes watching Real Madrid Femenino right now more special than it will ever be
- What we expected the formation to be and why we were wrong
- Whether playing Claudia Zornoza on the right wing was the correct decision
- The struggle to get Athenea del Castillo involved consistently
- Madrid’s right-sided bias in attack
- How Zornoza handled being out of position
- Potential alternate approaches on offense
- Nahikari García’s moment being stolen from her
- Lucía Rodríguez’s partial redemption in this game
- The crucial differences in Madrid’s defensive approach between the 1st leg and 2nd leg
- Would the approach from the 1st leg have been sustainable in the 2nd?
- Debating which domestic league is the best in the world
- Why Vicky Losada should’ve known better
- Breaking down Las Blancas’ winning goal
- Ivana Andrés scaring City into a more conservative attacking strategy
- City’s defensive changes in the 2nd half
- Misa giving us a heart attack
- The critical flaws in Gareth Taylor’s offensive tactics
- The one thing City did to trouble Madrid defensively
- The unselfishness and work-rate of Nahikari and Esther González
- Teresa Abelleira swapping positions in the 2nd half
- Giving Aurélie Kaci props for her defense
- Teresa becoming the complete midfielder
- Touching on other notable individual performances
- The awful camera angle glitch
- Randomly needing VPN to watch RMTV
Part Two (1:30:25): Mailbag with Kiyan Sobhani and Lucas Navarrete
- Who won’t be available this weekend in Real Madrid’s game vs Celta Vigo?
- The potential starting XI
- How much will Eduardo Camavinga play?
- Why don’t we play 4-2-3-1 more?
- How will Gareth Bale be received at the Bernabeu?
- Eden Hazard’s best game in years over the international break
- Why his role with Belgium is hard to replicate
- Is Isco a Real Madrid legend?
- Is Gareth Bale?
- Isco vs Guti
- Is taking less touches to score the best approach?
- And more.
Thanks for being a Patron. We hope you enjoy the show!
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Om Arvind (@OmVAsports)
Grant Little (@grantlittle09)
Las Blancas (@Las_Blancas)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Lucas Navarrete (@LucasNavarreteM)
Book your tickets to these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast world tour: