On this episode of Las Blancas podcast, hosts Yash Thakur and Kanita discuss Real Madrid’s 2-1 loss against PSG.
- Lineups and selection choices; Freja’s return to the lineup
- End-to-end action in the opening 10 minutes
- Real Madrid’s inability to defend corners and PSG’s corner
- PSG’s ideas in buildup and how they created advantage for their fullbacks
- Real Madrid’s highline and its shortcomings
- Real Madrid’s issues in buildup against PSG’s approach
- Lack of ideas and composure in buildup
- Freja’s performance in the first half
- The love affair with the frame of the goal in this game
- Olga’s rash challenge on Diani for the penalty
- The balance between verticality and controlled possession
- The predictability of Real Madrid’s substitutions and their timings
- Instant improvements in the possession scheme with Tere and Zornoza’s introduction
- Maite’s impact and role in Madrid’s game
- The case for Maite and Tere in the team
- The intensity in the final minutes of the game
- Diani and Baltimore’s connection
- What next for Toril?
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon for more bonus content: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and its podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Yash Thakur (@Odriozolite)
Las Blancas (@Las_Blancas)