This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast is brought to you by Bisha Hotel Toronto, where you should book your stay when you come see us in Toronto in October (Clasico weekend). Book your tickets here.
This episode comes in two parts.
Part One: Kiyan Sobhani and Jose Perez preview the Manchester City game and discuss the Antonio Rudiger signing
- How should Real Madrid approach this game defensively?
- What’s City’s backline going to be without Stones / Cancelo / Walker?
- Gabriel Jesus
- Key matchups
- Raheem Sterling vs Dani Carvajal
- Midfield battle
- Stopping Kevin de Bruyne
- Explaining Toni Kroos’s struggles right now
- The tactical approach from both teams
- Eder Militao’s importance
- The importance of Real Madrid’s bench mob and the energy levels
- Why Rudiger is a good signing
- Debunking the argument that Rudiger is a ‘systems player’
- Should David Alaba start over Ferland Mendy at LB?
- And more.
Part Two (56:13): Kiyan Sobhani and Siddharth Ramsundar discuss Benzema’s longevity
- Why Karim Benzema is unbelievable and unrivalled
- His diet and training regime
- How athletes prolong their careers
- And more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Join the Patreon army for a ton of bonus content: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Book your tickets to these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast world tour:
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Jose Perez (@jcperez_)
Siddharth Ramsundar (@tacticalfouling)