The Daily Merengue is a place where you can feel free to discuss all things football. Do not be alarmed by the overt RMCF bias. It’s in the name!
Shoutout to the mods who do a fantastic job, Valyrian Steel, Felipejack, Ezek lx, NeRObutBlanco and YoSnail
“There are nine million bicycles in Beijing..
There are 6 billion people in the world..” - Katie Melua(A long time ago)
- Real Madrid became the first team to defend the Champions League twice, simultaneously winning three consecutive titles
- Cristiano Ronaldo played his last game for Real Madrid.
- Theo Hernandez and Achraf Hakimi celebrated their first CL trophy. They too, would never again kick a football in the famous white shirt.
- Mateo Kovacic watched once again from the bench as he had done on two previous ocassions. This time however, he would insist on taking his leave permanently. He has since returned to the Bernabeu as a Champions League winner with Chelsea.
- Real Madrid became the first club to defend the Champions League in its current format
- Real Madrid won an historic double
- Danilo, Morata and James Rodriguez all left the club after that final
The indomitable Karim
Karim Benzema currently has 322 goals for Real Madrid. Only 1 goal away from the legendary Raul Gonzalez Blanco. He needs 7 goals to complete a 50 goal season for Real Madrid.
Karim Benzema is already a Real Madrid legend but very few Real Madrid legends have led the team to a league and champions league double.
Approximately 432 hours
We ran a poll asking if Real Madrid could win the double. Few said it was impossible. Some said the squad was not up to the task. Many said it could be achieved if the manager used the squad properly.
“We are twelve billion light years from the edge
That’s a guess
No-one can ever say it’s true..”
The Daily Poll
Which was the most difficult Champions league final?
2014 v Atletico de Madrid
2016 v Atletico de Madrid
2017 v Juventus
2018 v Liverpool