On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani, Matt Wiltse, and David Tryhorn discuss:
- Jarring scenes at the Camp Nou upon Luis Figo’s return as a Real Madrid player
- Pep Guardiola’s relationship with Figo
- What would Figo’s legacy at Barcelona been had he stayed?
- Roberto Carlos’s standout quotes
- Figo’s hairstyle
- Joan Gaspart publicly stating he’s not going to improve Figo’s contract
- Figo’s perception of Gaspart
- Jose Ramon de la Morena making up stories at Michel Salgado’s wedding
- Jose Veiga’s pre-contract
- The politician side of Florentino Perez
- How many of the protagonists in the documentary interacted with each other?
- “I am telling the truth because i am the protagonist”
- Why would Veiga sign that agreement?
- Gaspart: “If he signed with real madrid there’s nothing can be done”
- The omission of the pig’s head
- Figo being unhappy in his presentation
- Parallels to Bernd Schuster and Michael Laudrup
- Barca’s treatment of their stars
- Paulo Futre
- The ‘what if’ of not signing Figo
- The pressure on him
- Does it make us look at the Mbappe saga differently?
- Difference between Perez and Gaspart
- And a ton more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Get a ton of bonus content exclusively on Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)