On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani and Matt Wiltse discuss:
- Diego Simeone admitting David Beckham shouldn’t have gotten a red card in World Cup 1998
- The insane hate that David Beckham received after the red card
- How do English fans look at themselves now reflecting on their behaviour in ‘98?
- Mental health stigma now vs 1998
- Beckham’s story of how much he practiced corner kicks
- The insanity of the 1999 Champions League final
- Roy Keane’s no-nonsense approach
- Real Madrid knocking both Manchester United and Bayern Munich out the following season.
- And more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Get a ton of bonus content exclusively on Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Matt Wiltse (@MattW_MM)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)