On this Patron-only episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Matt and Ruben discussed:
- Recent training sessions and Ancelotti’s lineup experiments.
- Have opinions changed on Arda Güler?
- Potential right-back options for the future.
- Real Madrid’s decision to pass on the opportunity to sign Cancelo.
- Would we ever sell the naming rights of the Santiago Bernabéu?
- The importance of having a qualified and experienced manager if Real Madrid were to sign a top-level striker in order to compete for titles.
- How many points should we expect with and without a new top-level striker?
- Should Florentino Pérez be considered a “president-manager”?
- Matt and Ruben discussed various topics, including how Matt used to play as a fullback, and Ruben’s initial Ødegaard bias when he joined and left the club.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Get a ton of bonus content exclusively on Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and its podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)
Ruben Skjerping (@RubenPMN)