On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Ruben Skjerping and Matt Wiltse discuss:
- Over four game preseason performance, where does the diamond formation stand?
- The effectiveness of the press — has it worked or is the transition defense too fragile?
- Limiting Vinicius’s overall influence in exchange for more goals
- Potential benefits of changing Vinicius’ position on the pitch
- Who starts in midfield against Athletic Bilbao?
- Debating the best combination of players for the diamond formation and ranking a top 4
- Mbappe transfer saga — latest ongoings and expectations heading into the final weeks of August.
- Sergio Arribas to Almeria
Did you enjoy this podcast? Get a ton of bonus content exclusively on Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and its podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Matt Wiltse (@MattWiltse4)
Ruben Skjerping (@RubenPMN)